Wow, it feels like a really long time since I’ve been on tumblr. I’ve been … I don’t know what I’ve been doing. Mostly preparing to MOVE. Not out of Chicago (yet) — just to a new apartment with the boy. We move on Friday (whatever fits in our cars: boxes, clothes, etc.) and Saturday (furniture).
After that, I have like two days to unpack and get settled before I go home to NY for a week.
At least the concussion seems to be waning. I even get to start a “return to running” program next week, beginning with 30-second running increments for every 4.5 minutes of walking. Oh well - it’s a start.
There are a couple of reasons.
1. She sat on the Walmart board for 6 years and then didn’t do anything when they waged war against the workers and their unions (X)
2. She voted in favor of the Iraq war (X)
3. She is into free trade agreements (even if she is formally against some of the policies, she still maintains that she supports the principles of them) (X)
4. She supports a border fence in Israel and wholeheartedly believes Israel deserves “safety and security” (X)
5. She supports performance based pay for public schools (X)
6. She also believes charter schools help failing public schools (X)
7. She wants to maintain US hegemony, increase the defense budget and she supports the death penalty (X)
8. She said, “I am adamantly against illegal immigrants” and supported the border wall (X)
9. She supported DOMA and thinks civil unions are good enough for “equal rights” (X) I’m not interested in marriage for us queers, but she is on the other side of the issue entirely saying that she is against marriage for same sex partners but is pro civil unions. The reason civil unions were created was to create a new way to oppress and otherize systematically.
10. She wants more police, vigil antes and harsher prison sentences (X)
I’m sure there are more. But honestly she’s very moderate and I see her being really exciting for the young dems because she’s a woman but ultimately her policies will reflect those of the old white dudes (and obama bc his policies aren’t anything to praise either) that came before her.
Do we have to be pro-Hilary because she’s female? Because I’m not, either. And I think Elizabeth Warren is too young, as in, she has to build up more collateral in public office before she stands a half a chance in a national election. 2020 yes, 2016 no.
I think she’s said the Iraq vote was a mistake, for whatever that’s worth? and I would be REALLY surprised if she didn’t change her tune on civil unions, after declaring and at a politically convenient time.
I mean I am totally going to vote for her because I’m not sure we have anyone better, but yes legit as hell criticisms.